To manage your business information in Search, Maps, and other Google properties, you must verify your business listing.
Before you can start the verification process, create or claim a Google My Business listing. You may see one or several verification types depending on the kind of business listing you manage.
How to Claim Your Google My Business Listing
1. Go to Google.com/business
2. Click on “Manage Now”
3. Enter the name of your company
As you type the name of your company, businesses with similar names will appear. Choose your company or location when you see it. If your company name or location is not listed, you’ll need to create a new one.
4. Enter your business’ address
Type in the full address of your business. Check the box if you deliver goods and services to your customers.
5. Drop the pin
Move the marker to the exact location of your business
6. Enter your business category
7. Enter your contact information
8. Get verified
Now that your Google My Business listing has been claimed, you’ll need to verify it before it can be public to Google searchers.
You can verify your listing by:
- Requesting a postcard at your business address
- Requesting a phone call or text
- Instant verification – Get instantly verified using Google Search Console
- Video verification – Get verified by having a video call with a Google My Business specialist