What are Google Local Services Ads and how do they work?
Local Services By Google is a pay-per-lead advertising platform that Google has started pushing out in different locations across the United States. (Not available in all cities)
Local Services ads help you connect with people who search on Google for the services you offer. Your ads will show up for customers in your area, and you only pay if a customer contacts you directly through the ad.
How do Local Service Ads work?
According to Google FAQ page, Local Services ads make it easy for customers in your area to find and connect directly with your business, and filter results based on the services that you offer. When a customer selects your business, they can simply click your ad and connect with you either by phone or by sending you a direct message request (US only), which you can review on email or with the Local Services app. If a customer used your Local Services ad to hire you and the job is complete, they are then encouraged to leave a review. These verified reviews are posted on your provider profile to encourage other potential customers to book your services with confidence.
What are the benefits of Local Service Ads for your business?
- Your Business’s Ads appear at the top of Google.
- The ads will be featured in the Google Assistant’s response to relevant voice search queries.
- Your Business pays only per valid lead, not per click
- It’s easy to connect with potential customers searching for the services you provide.
- You can use a mobile app to communicate with customers at any time.
- Your company builds trust & credibility with the Google Guarantee.
- You only pay for leads for services that your business offers, resulting in higher sales conversions.
What is Google Guarantee?
When you sign up for Local Services ads, you automatically become a Google Guaranteed business. The Google Guarantee helps you build a strong reputation online, giving potential customers peace of mind that you have been vetted and approved by Google. If a customer is unhappy with the quality of your work, Google may refund up to the amount paid for jobs booked through Local Services ads, with a lifetime cap for coverage.
What is the qualification criteria to advertise on Local Services?
Once you create an account with Google, you will then verify that your business meets local license and insurance requirements, then complete a background check before your ad goes live.
What business can sign up for Local Services by Google?
The following local business can currently sign up for Local Services by Google:
- Appliance Repair Service
- Auto Service Technician
- Carpet Cleaner
- Event Planner
- Garage Door Pro
- HVAC Pro
- House Cleaner
- Junk Removal Provider
- Lawn Care Provider
- Pest Control Technician
- Pet Care Provider
- Pet Groomer
- Tree Service Provider
- Water Damage Service Provider
- Window Cleaner
- Window Service Provider
Get Started With Setting Your Business Up With Google Local Search Ads
(Follow the steps of this guide to get your business listed as a Google Guaranteed Business)
STEP 1: Create a Google Local Service account & create your business profile
1. First, go to the Local Services by Google signup page found at the following link, and click on the blue GET STARTED button.
2. Click on the blue CONTINUE button on the next Welcome Page
3. Choose the COUNTY, STATE & add the ZIP CODE for your business. Select the correct JOB CATEGORY for the services you provide. Then check YES that your business has insurance and meets all local requirements to provide services in your city. Last, click on the blue CHECK ELIGIBILITY button.
4. If your business is eligible, you will now see a Next Step: Create Your Profile prompt. Click on the blue CREATE PROFILE link to continue.
5. Add your business information and click on the blue NEXT button.
6. Type in your business’s service area in the city/zip box, and select the correct location to add the areas you provide services to.
7. Select all of the Service Types your business provides locally, and click on the blue NEXT button.
8. Add your business hours, and click on the blue NEXT button.
8. You will then be presented what your Google Local Service Ad will appear like. Verify that the information is correct and click on the blue NEXT button.
You have now successfully created your Local Services by Google Profile for your business!
STEP 2: GET 1 REVIEW FOR YOUR BUSINESS USING PROVIDED LINK
On the next screen, click on the blue START button to get your business’s Local Services by Google profile review link…
Within the popup that appears, you will see the instructions to use your Google Review link to acquire at least 1 review by sending it to recent customers to leave a review for your business.
Copy this link and send by email / text/ social message to as many recent customers kindly asking them to leave a positive review of their experience with your business.
After copying the link to use, make sure to click on the blue SAVE link at the bottom to activate the review link.
STEP 3: SET YOUR AD BUDGET & PROVIDE PAYMENT INFORMATION
Next, click on the blue START button to set your ad budget and enter payment information for ad payments.
Within the popup, set your Weekly Ad Budget of a minimum of $150 per week.
Then, click on the SET PAYMENT INFO link at the top of the popup to add your business payment information.
Add your business’s credit card or debit card information, then click on the blue SUBMIT button.
STEP 4: ADD YOUR LICENSE & BUSINESS INSURANCE DETAILS
Click on the blue START button for “Add license and insurance details” to add needed information for your business…
First, Add your Insurance Information & upload a copy of your business’s CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY INSURANCE document.
Then, add all licenses and registrations held by your business.
Next, check the I agree box to confirm that your business carries all licenses required to provide services in your area.
Last, click on the blue SAVE link found at the very bottom of the popup.
STEP 5: COMPLETE YOUR BACKGROUND CHECKS WITH EVIDENT
Click on the blue START button for “Complete background check with Evident” to submit required background check information.
Within the popup, you will find the instructions of what is needed to provide background check information. Click on the GO TO EVIDENT link at the bottom to proceed.
You will be taken to EvidentID.com.
Click on the SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE button.
Make sure you are signing in with the same Google Account that was used to setup your Local Services By Google Account.
Click on the blue ALLOW button to create your Evident ID account using your Google Account.
Provide any needed missing information, such as business address, to finish setting up your Evident ID profile.
If all needed information is provided by signing in with Google account, you will be taken to the next page.
Provide the needed information for each section by clicking on the box to complete.
Evident will then provide needed information to Google to complete your verification process.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL STEPS TO GET YOUR BUSINESS GUARANTEED BY GOOGLE
After completing these steps, you will receive an update from Google within 2-3 weeks on your business becoming Google Guaranteed. Your ads will then immediately begin to show after the verification has been successfully completed and approved.
You are able to see when your business has been approved by viewing the Verification Status box found at the very bottom of the Local Services By Google page. Once everything is approved, that status will change from Pending to Approved, and your ads will begin immediately showing in the Local Services Ads found in local search results.